CFBR Evaluation of Administrators
EVALUATION OF ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
The superintendent shall implement and supervise an evaluation system for all administrative personnel. A report shall be made to the Riverside RSU #26 Board of Directors annually on the performance of all administrators, with recommendations regarding their employment and/or salary status.
Formal evaluations shall be made at least once a year, but more often during the first two years in an administrative capacity. Formal evaluations shall be conducted as follows:
- Evaluative criteria for each position shall be in written form and shall be made permanently available to the administrator.
- Job descriptions, which are part of the evaluative criteria, will be reviewed by the RSU 26 Board of Directors annually and shall be permanently available to the administrator.
- Evaluations shall be made by the superintendent or the administrator’s immediate supervisor.
- The evaluation process will include compiled feedback from the staff, in aggregate totals. No individual forms (raw data) from staff feedback forms will be included in administrative evaluations.
- The Riverside RSU #26 Feedback Form will be used, either in its online electronic form or in paper form.
- All staff in each school will have the opportunity to provide feedback for that school’s principal (and assistant principal if such a position exists within the particular school).
- All staff within the RSU will have the option to provide feedback for the following system-wide administrators:
- The Superintendent;
- The Special Education Director; and
- The Curriculum Coordinator.
- All administrators will have the right to include or exclude a copy of the compiled feedback in his or her permanent file.
- Action plan items may be taken from staff feedback forms.
- One reminder notice will be sent to all staff prior to the deadline for returning feedback forms.
- If the return rate for feedback forms is less than 50% of the possible participants, the feedback forms will not be used and will be destroyed.
- When reports are made annually on administrative evaluations, these reports will include an overview of that year’s feedback process.
- Results of the evaluations shall be put in writing and shall be discussed with the administrator.
- The administrator being evaluated will have the right to attach a memorandum to the written evaluation.
- Results of all evaluations shall be kept in confidential personnel files maintained in the superintendent’s office.
Legal Reference: Ch. 125 §§ 4.02(E)(3), 8.08 (Me. Dept. of Ed. Rule)
Cross Reference: GCOC-E: Riverside RSU #26 Feedback Form