KBF Parent Involvement Title I
PARENT INVOLVEMENT WITH TITLE I
For the purpose of strengthening the Title I program, Title I administrators and staff must comply with the following provisions:
- Parents will receive timely written notification that their child has been selected for Title I services and the reasons for the decision;
- Specific instructional objectives will be discussed with the parent;
- Parents have the right to refuse Title I services for their child;
- Parents will receive information on their child's progress through report cards issued on a regular basis;
- Parents will be notified of training opportunities to help them promote the education of their children at home;
- Parents' suggestions in the planning, development, and operation of the program will be solicited;
- Parents' recommendations and questions pertaining to the Title I program will be responded to within 30 days;
- Parents will be encouraged to be actively involved in their child's educational program; and
- A Title I advisory council, which includes parent representation, will provide annual input into the type and manner of Title I services provided by Veazie School Department.
The end of the year report to the Veazie School Committee and to State Title I officials shall include an assessment of the extent these provisions were accomplished.
Legal Reference: 34 CFR PART 25 § 200.34